Saturday, June 7, 2014

Ten Things I Want to do This Summer and Freebie

Ten Things I Want to Do this Summer

I am linking up with that cute Deanna Jump to list my top ten things that I want to do this summer. Don't we always have ten thousand things on our lists and we hope to get to 4 of them? Nevertheless, here goes...
 Deanna Jump

1. Take time for a hobby. My new favorite hobby is finding a use for all of that CUTE new clip art that I have bought in the last 6 months. Since I have ideas for worksheets, booklets, and anchor charts for my students, I thought that I would combine the two and then it doesn't feel like work at all! Here are some of the sets. Maybe I am addicted! Just maybe...




I am even a VIP Member of Krista Wallden's Clip art summer club. Is that sad...or exciting?! I think it is exciting!



2. Clean out drawers and cabinets at home. I used to love watching Peter Walsh's show, "Clean Sweep." We used to call it, "What Not to Keep," because we also liked the show, "What Not to Wear." I need to keep his show in mind whilst cleaning out.
Peter Walsh

3. Clean out my school files. They are bugging me!
I don't know about you, but I have so many cool new resources from TpT that I really don't need lots of those old files that I have just hanging around. Those "just in case" files. 

I am not naturally an organized person, so I have a hard time thinking about things in an orderly way sometimes. I organize my files, then I don't remember where I filed them. Does that ever happen to you? However, the top of my desk looks neat and clean!

That leads me to the next thing on my list...
(Was that a good transition? My students would be proud!)

4. Decide on a system to organize my electronic files as well as my paper files. I have so many great resources and I find my self spending WAY TOO MUCH time looking for them. Maybe Ashley Schroeder's notebook organizers will help.


I bought them a few weeks ago and have not gotten the chance to put them in motion. 

5. Work on my to do list for my TpT store. I have lots of ideas in my head, products that need to be completed, some that need facelifts, etc. I added some summer things yesterday including a freebie. The preview of the freebie is the fifth picture down.

Friendly Letter Writing Bundle {Summer / Back-to-School}
June Set
July Set
August / Back-to-School Set
Free Sample from the July set. Click here to get it from TpT.
Here are some pages from the FREEBIE Letter Writing Sample {July} ~ Templates:





6. Spanish 1 classes, here I come! I am thinking that if I can begin to understand the structure and syntax of Spanish, then I may be able to help my ELLs translate their thoughts into the correct English syntax. I took the ESOL Endorsement classes last summer and fall. It was so helpful to me to have an explanation of the common mistakes of ELLs in their speaking and writing. 

7. Time at the pool. A pool. We do not have one in our neighborhood, so it is a little tricky for us.
At least 2 times a week. Is that too much to ask?

8. Go to my daughter's musical performances with Atlanta CV Marching Band. Atlanta Corps Vets. It started as Veterans to the Drum and Bugle Corps. Now the members don't even have to be veterans. My daughter is so EXCITED to be a part of this marching band. Since she has graduated from high school a few weeks ago, this will be her marching band connection. She has loved her four years in the high school marching band. It has been a fabulous experience for her. She plays the marimba.  

Warming up before a performance on the football field.

"Her" marimba.
Actually it is the property of her high school band,
but this is the one that she played regularly. 

9. Try a new recipe a week. I have several Rachel Ray cookbooks. I need to crack them open.



10. Jazz up the look of my blog. I like the clean lines, but truly it needs a bit of pizzazz! I think if I use some of Krista's clipart, it will have plenty of pizzazz.

Thank you to Krista Wallden's Creative Clips for the clipart on this post that was not labeled.



I am glad to have the time to focus on those things. What will you be working on? Or will you just try to relax? Relaxing is hard to do after a whole school year of running about. Can I get an amen to that?

Have a great weekend!
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. found your blog on Diana's linky party. I am soooo addicted to clip art too. Glad to know I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      I KNOW!!! I checked out your blog and your store. It all looks so cute!!

      Have fun with all of your clip art!! What did we do before we had clip art?

      Delete
  2. Are there any of us who don't at least have to mention cleaning and organizing??? It is endless! I refused to put in on my list, though. Only a small note. Nice of Deanna to link us up! Kathleen at Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen,
      So TRUE about cleaning and organizing! If I could just think in an organized way to start off with, I would be much better in the long run! Maybe we think that it will calm our souls after a hectic school year. :-)

      Enjoy your summer!
      Carrie

      Delete